MultiPaint PRO Manual
What is it?
MultiPaint allows multiple people to draw together on the same digital whiteboard or screen. Connect multiple input devices like mice or tablets for each user, and start drawing together on the same computer. MultiPaint enables live input and interaction from all participants; each user is present as a drawing cursos on the same screen or digital whiteboard. You can use it as multi user interactive whiteboard, a collaboration tool etc.
Some of the main benefits of working with MultiPaint
- Draw together on screen; No more delay in content interaction between co-workers or students
- Use it as multi user whiteboard; It is easy to share and collaborate, directly on the screen
- All participants can work together; Every participant is involved and committed at the same time
- Increases the participation and efficiency; Enhances the group dynamics and workflow of co-workers
- Do anything together; MultiPaint's multi user interaction can be used for any purpose
Attaching additional mice and keyboards to your computer
Our software is designed to make use of additional hardware devices like mice and keyboards. Laptops already have a keyboard and a mouse trackpad built in. If you have got one or more extra mice and keyboards (who hasn't got an extra mouse lying around these days) you can simply plug these into the USB port of your computer. Windows will install the necessary software to make use of the extra devices. You cannot, however, make use of them independently. This is where DicoLab software comes to the rescue. Our software allows you to make use of the extra devices independently of each other. Just startup the programs and any extra USB input device that is attached will be recognized automatically.
If you have more devices than USB ports on your computer you can use a USB hub to create extra USB ports. A USB hub is a device that expands a single USB port into several so that there are more ports available to connect devices to a host system.
When you start the application, you get a blank page. To get started click on the button 'File' Once you have clicked the 'File-button', you have several options.
- New: Open a new MultiPaint-session with your chosen settings
- Quick Document: Directly open a standard document
- Open: Open a saved MultiPaint-session
- Save: Save you current MultiPaint-session
- Save as: Gives you the option to change your MultiPaint session name.
- Close: Close current session
- Close all: Close all sessions
- Exit: Quit the MultiPaint application
When you start a new session, you can choose the size of your screen, as well as the background color. When clicking on 'OK', you will be lead to a blank page.
Working with MultiPaint
On the right side of you can find these tools to work with.
|Open a new tab.|
|Close current tab.|
|Create quadrangular shapes.|
|Create circular shapes.|
|Use the brush-tool.|
|Use the eraser to clear things.|
|Use the floodfill tool to completely fill shapes, backgrounds, etc. * this needs double click to prevent accidental fill of everything|
|Use the spraycan tool to do a spickled airbrush|
|Use the stamp-tool.|
|Use the pencil-tool.|
|Clears all progress made. * this needs double click to prevent accidental deletion|
Changing the pencil-size: The pencil-size can be easily changed by selecting the wanted size in the panel. Changing the pencil-color: The pencil-color can be easily changed by selecting the wanted color in the panel.
Using the stamp tool
The stamp tool is a particular handy feature where you can draw a small sketch in the sketch-area. This will be your multi-color brush when you select the stamp tool.
MultiPaint could be used in the following cases
- Annotate and make sketches together: Each user can draw, at the same time. Work, build and review together
- Co-worker interaction and co-creation is improved: Review and interact with any drawing
- Groups of users can interact 'on the fly': With each other and with data and applications
- Get more out of your interactive whiteboard: Use it now with a whole group, together